Monday, February 20, 2012

Still querying!

I've sent out my eleventh query today in hopes of securing a literary agent to represent me and my new book.  While I've gotten some nice replies saying they didn't think it a bad idea, just that it wasn't what they were into.  Heck, one directly told me that don't do ghost stories.  (Shrugs.) 

I want to get my book to get the widest audience with the most options as how they can read it. (I.E print and electronic.)  However, I get the feeling that I might have to, in the end,  settle on a smaller publisher that might limit my book's exposure.  (I.E. only being published in the electronic format only on the internet.)  I've seen some small publishers who specialize in horror writing, but I'm not sure if going to them will help my career long term.  I'd love to hear from some who did go that route.

Personally, I would love to just focus on writing and let my future publisher/agent hype the book.  But I get the feeling if I went fully electronic and with a smaller publisher, I would have to be my own publicist.  Doing that, I think, may cause me to focus less on writing.  Plus, I don't have enough money to travel around the United State tooting my own horn so to speak.  In the end, that may be my only way to go for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment